Marriage is a holy union that brings together two individuals who most of the times belong to different backgrounds, culture, religion, lifestyle etc. In such a case, it can get really difficult to determine the success rate of their relationship in advance. But, the Hindu Tradition provides an easy way to determine the success rate of a marriage in advance and that is through Horoscope Matching.
Looking For Brides Or Grooms ?
Register here Free and Find Easily
What is Horoscope and Horoscope Matching?
Horoscope is also referred to as Kundali. The horoscope of a child is generally made shortly after the birth using the date, time and place of birth. It tells about the child's future life: education, health, finance, marriage etc. In a Hindu wedding, at the time of marriage, horoscopes serve as one of the deciding factors. The priests and astrologers are consulted to read and match the horoscopes.
Importance of Horoscope Matching :
The process of Horoscope Matching takes place in the initial stages of the wedding procession and it often decides whether the concerned boy and girl should enter the Holy Matrimonial bond or not. There are eight determining factors of Horoscope Matching, which in total add up to 36 gunas. If these gunas match well then the couple is believed to have a successful marriage in the future.
Each of these factors has its own significance. The detailed explanations of these factors are as follows :
- Varan : Varanessentially signifies the spiritual compatibility and development between the prospective bride and the bridegroom. If both the concerned boy and girl belong to the same level of spirituality, then they score one complete point. If they do not belong to the same Varan, then the matrimony can take place between the girl of higher Varan and the boy of lower Varan.
- Vasya : Vasya signifies the amount of magnetic control that the prospective bride and the bridegroom will exercise on one another. It constitutes two out of thirty six gunas. It is calculated on the basis of Moon sign system of Vedic astrology. If the moon signs of the concerned boy and girl are compatible to each other, then they score complete 2 points.
- Tara : Tara signifies the amount of auspiciousness that the prospective bride and the bridegroom would bring in each other's life. It constitutes 3 out of thirty six gunas.
- Yoni : Yoni signifies sexual compatibility between the prospective bride and the bridegroom. It constitutes four out of thirty six guns. Sexual compatibility is considered to be important aspect for a happy married life.
- Grah Maitri : Grah Maitri signifies the overall compatibility of the two such as temperamental compatibility, compatibility of views and interests and behavioral compatibility. It constitutes five out of thirty six guns. These gunas ensures conflict free day to day functioning of life.
- Gan : Gan signifies the character and temperament of the prospective bride and the bridegroom. It constitutes six out of thirty six guns. It is determined on the basis on Moon Nakshatra and it categorizes a person into Dev (Devine), Manushya (Human) and Rakashasha (Devil). Compatibility in the gan ensures harmony in the relationship.
- Bhakoot : Bhakoot/ Bhukta signify the health of the prospective bride and the bridegroom. It constitutes seven out of thirty six guns. It is concerned with the health, happiness and longevity of the concerned girl and boy.
- Nadi : Nadi signifies progeny and is related to the issue of children of the prospective bride and the bridegroom. It constitutes eight out of thirty six guns. It is the most important aspe ct of Horoscope Matching. If both the concerned boy and girl belong to the same Nadi, the couple may have to face some problem due to their children or at the time of child birth.