Looking For Brides Or Grooms ?
Register here Free and Find Easily
Jayee Anukolo ceremony : As a part of pre-wedding preparations, the rituals begin with this ceremony wherein invitation cards are distributed to the guests.
Mangan Tradition : Like a typical Hindu marriage, this ritual follows the application of turmeric on the groom's body which is followed by a holy bath.
Diya Mangula Puja: In this ceremony, the bride worships at Devi's temple and offers bride's bangles, sari, toe rings and sindoor. The ritual is later followed by Barajatri, when the groom arrives at the wedding venue with the procession.
Similarities With Hindu customs :
- The Oriya Wedding takes place in a mandap where the father of the bride performs kanyadaan. Here, he gives the responsibilities of his daughter to the groom and asks the groom to take care of her.
- Next is the Haatha Ghanti custom, where the couple takes seven rounds, around the holy fire which concludes their wedding.
- After the wedding is over, the newly wed then head off for the groom's house.
- Known as the Grihapravesh, the couple then enters the groom's house wherein the bride is given a warm welcome by the groom's family.
- The newly weds are then supposed to visit the bride's home on the 8th day as a part of Astha Mangala custom. The couple is here given a warm welcome by the bride's family.