- After the engagement, plan a suitable date for the wedding. Make sure that the wedding date gives you enough time to make suitable preparations and arrangements. Once the date has been set, inform your relatives and friends about the happy occasion so that they can take out the time from their schedules.
- Decide on the theme of the wedding. Grand event or simple and close knit? Themed or regular? Day or evening?
- Next, it would be wise to look around for suitable locations that go along with the theme of your wedding. The location should be large enough to seat the guests.
- Make sure that you decide on a proper wedding menu. Visit the caterer and sample the dishes so that you can make a proper decision.
- You can even hire a wedding planner who will guide and oversee the whole process so that you can focus on the finer details.
For the bride and the groom, the selection of the attire for all ceremonies must be planned ahead. This will give you time to alter or modify the garments if the need arises. Distribute the chores and tasks among friends and relatives so that you are not burdened and your energy isn't drained off.
The main point is not to panic and stress. Remember that the day is about you and so you have to make sure that you feel calm. A well planned and systematic preparation will ensure that the wedding takes place smoothly without a glitch. After all, this is a day that you will cherish for the rest of your life.