- Bindi - Bindi is applied at the forehead of the bride.
- Sindoor - It is a vermillion red colored sacred powder. The husband fills the centre parting of the hair of the bride with this.
- Maangteeka - This ornament is worn by the bride in the centre parting of hair. It is mostly made with gold for the bride.
- Kajal - The eyes of the bride are attractively decorated with Kohl. It makes her eyes look more appealing.
- Nose ring - A round nose ring is adorned by the bride to be. It makes her look stunningly beautiful.
- Necklace - A beautifully designed necklace is adorned by the bride. This necklace is very heavy and has intricate designs.
- Earrings - The bride has to wear earrings. The earrings compliment the necklace.
- Mehendi - The hands and feet of the bride-to-be are decorated with traditional designs. The name of the Groom is also written in the hands of the bride.
- Bangles - Wearing bangles is mandatory for the grooming of a bride.
- Baajuband - Baajubandh is tied at the arm of the bride. This beautiful ornament is carved in gold.
- Aarsi - It is the thumb ring that the bride wears. It usually has a mirror.
- Hairstyle - A bride to be has to have a special hairstyle. This styling of the hair is called Keshapasharachana.
- Kamarband - This beautiful piece of jewellery is tied at the waist of the bride. It is mostly a gold chain embedded with jewel stones.
- Toe rings & Anklets - Popular in India with the name of Bichuas, Toe rings are one of the essential ornaments for a bride to be. She is also made to wear anklets.
- Perfume - A special scent called Itr is sprinkled on the bride. Due to his, she remains fragrant during the entire wedding ceremony.
- Shaadi ka Joda - The bridal dress is called Shaadi ka Joda. Different cultures have different wedding dresses like Lehengas, Sarees, Salwar Suits, etc.
Looking For Brides Or Grooms ?
Register here Free and Find Easily
Solah Shringar has religious significance as well. Most of the ornaments that are a part of the Solah Shringar imply that the girl is now a married woman. Moreover, it is believed that the lady, who regularly adorns herself with the Solah Shringar, brings prosperity and her husband has a long life.